cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

canesin
Journeyman III

ATIStreeam SDK 2.0 beta Instalation on fedora.

Hi all,

I have already compiled the SDK and set the ATISTREAMSDKROOT variable to the folder where I had untar the files, but when I enter in the samples I'm seing this erro:

[fabio@fabiopc x86_64]$ ./HelloCL
./HelloCL: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can somebody help me ??

Thks

0 Likes
6 Replies

Please make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH has the libOpenCL.so directory included in it.
0 Likes

How I do that ??? What folder is LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

0 Likes

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an environment variable that holds multiple directories that the linker will load libraries from.
For example, on my machine I do export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/x86_64 so it might be similiar for your machine depending on if you are 32 or 64 bit.
0 Likes

yeah... is the same for me, thanks alot ! now is working... I beleive better doc is a need for now...

0 Likes

i have ubuntu 9.04. i download sdk and extract it. i copy ./include/CL to /usr/include libOpenCL.so to /usr/lib. write sample program. when i run program i get CL_INVALID_OPERATION when in clBuildProgram(). when i set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/toSDK/lib/x86_64/ then it work.

when i remove builtins_x86.bc from LD_LIBRARY_PATH folder then error apperar again. so that file is necesary for run OpenCL. but when i copy that file to /usr/lib it wont work.

0 Likes

At this time the libOpencl.so requires the environment variable:

ATISTREAMSDKROOT=/path/toSDK/

is set. This indicates where the *.bc files can be found and also the some tools in bin. By chance if you set

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/toSDK/lib/x86_64

it currenlty works but this is not a supported feature and may not work in the future.

Note, that the reqirement to have the *.bc and other files around are a feature the of SDK 2.0 Beta and will not be required for the production version.

0 Likes