Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Shamamane
Journeyman III

COLLADA exporter with OpenGlES

Hi all !

First I'd like to say that I'm very pleased about this product, it helped us in many different ways and I hope we can keep using it in the future ! Great work team !

I'm trying to use RenderMonkey to build a production chain for our graphical assets and I have several questions regarding OpenGlES effects:

- It seems impossible to export an OpenGlES effect in Collada and I was wondering why ?The OpenGl exporter is working fine so I guess it shouldn't be that big a deal...

- Also when I try to export the entire effect workspace, I have the following error : "[SDKCOLLADAExporterPlugIn.cpp] (line   51): COLLADA 1.4.1 Exporter cannot export GLES2.0 effects, please export as COLLADA 1.5.0" Very disturbing, as I don't have a clue on how to do that ! Is this something planned for the next version ??

- And finally, I was able to "tweak" the FX exporter exactly as I wanted thanks to the SDK, great ! But I realized that I don't have access to the source of the Collada exporter, so I can't try to fix my incapability to export an OpenGlES effect except if I rewrite the entire process, that's a shame

0 Likes
2 Replies
bpurnomo
Staff

This is in fact a bug (exporting OpenGL ES effects) and I have entered it into our bug tracking system.  Unfortunately, it does not seem like we have a plan to release a new version of RenderMonkey soon.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bpurnomo Unfortunately, it does not seem like we have a plan to release a new version of RenderMonkey soon.

That's too bad...

Thanks for the update anyway !

0 Likes