cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Raistmer
Adept II

ATI Stream SDK 2.0 beta crossdevelopment question

targeting to other plartorm is possible?

When I tried to install WinXP x86 SDK on Win2003 x64 I recived empty directory w/o any error messages.
Installation of WinXP x64 package completed OK though.
So question is: will I be able to produce only x64 binaries with Stream SDK 2.0 beta x64 package or both x86 and x64 ones ?
0 Likes
3 Replies
elizabeth
Staff

We don't support installing the WinXP package on Win2003. In fact, we don't support Win2003. Per the release notes

Under Windows, attempting to install a package on an operating system for which it is not designated (for example, installing a Windows XP 32-bit installer on an XP 64-bit system, or installing a Windows XP installer on a Windows Vista system) results in undefined behavior. There may be no warning of such a mismatch between installer and system configuration. Please ensure that the proper installer is used for your Windows operating system.

0 Likes

Well, I was able to install x64 SDK 2.0 on Win2003 x64.
Yes, I know that officially it doesn't supported. But there is not so big difference between WinXP and Server 2003 (standalone) in part of SDK installation to not to support it.
And more supported OSes is always better, or there is another point of view inside ATI ? 😉

BTW, my question remains.
Just replace Win2003 x64 to WinXP x64.
0 Likes

Only 32-bit development is supported under Windows for ATI Stream SDK beta2 release.

0 Likes