cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

alorenz
Journeyman III

when will be the opencl release promised for the first half of 2009 ?

AMD announced they would be releasing opencl in the first half of the year, and several articles reference 1.4 sdk as being the release to contain opencl.  What is the present plan for opencl release... Is it  T-13 days. ?

0 Likes
10 Replies
alorenz
Journeyman III

t - 8, or is there any new information ?

0 Likes

t - 1....

0 Likes

t + 3,

Any update anyone ?  Have not seen any announcements in this forum !

0 Likes

I am about to make a big investment in a GPGPU box. I do not want to use Stream SDK because of the incompatability with some of our collaborators hardware (nVidia). I want either OpenCL or DX11. The problem is that neither is available. We have no OpenCL reliable timeframe and DX11 hardware release timeframe is not better (October 22nd?). I need to make the purchase before the end of August. If I do not get a clear answer soon then I am definitly going nVidia way. This silense does not help.

0 Likes

Due to economy, I have also pushed my desktop box replacement off till some time in August.  This is annoying that they have not made any anouncement...

delay +8

0 Likes

delay ? + 11

anyone know of any anouncments in the forums ?

0 Likes

We (two cooperating research groups) plan to port a big opensource CFD package to GPU. The other group just ordered nVidia Tesla cards, but I would like to go the AMD-ATI way for our group-cluster. This is only possible, if OpenCL is available soon (at least as a public beta or even alpha). 

0 Likes

Maybe they want to release it when RV870 out along with DX11. From issue scattered over Internet, it would happen in October.

0 Likes

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20090610074239_ATI_Jumps_on_OpenCL_Bandwagon_by_Releasing_OpenCL_Drivers.html

“We are actively sampling preview releases of OpenCL CPU with a handful of strategic customers and ISVs, each with an assigned application engineer helping them. A public beta and production version of OpenCL is planned to be released as part of ATI Stream SDK v2.0 in the second half of this year,” the statement by ATI/AMD reads.

0 Likes

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/pages/TutorialOpenCL.aspx so it will be released opencl driver for public testing?

0 Likes