cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

isnsdlk
Journeyman III

FirePro Bios

Where i can get any Firepro Series video bios for use with AtomBios Parser?
0 Likes
5 Replies
isnsdlk
Journeyman III

up

0 Likes

Last September AMD had provided an open-source AtomBIOS parser for use by the RadeonHD driver in order to communicate with this video BIOS abstraction layer found on the past few generations of ATI graphics cards. While we are still waiting on the R600 sample source-code and 3D register documentation to arrive, AMD has today released a new AtomBIOS parser. This parser is coming out of their KGrids project, which we have previously mentioned in the past, and will allow for a clean AtomBIOS parser to enter the Linux kernel.

0 Likes

nice joke. AtomBios without bios for testing. Maybe anybody have this videocard. Make bios dump for me.
0 Likes

people help me! only find v8700 bios help me find v3700 bios

0 Likes
bridgman
Staff

Originally posted by: isnsdlk Where i can get any Firepro Series video bios for use with AtomBios Parser?

You can dump the bios from your own card; there's a "connector" utility included in the radeonhd source tree to make it easy.

The AtomBIOS parser code is linked into the open source graphics drivers, and allows the driver to execute the bytecode command tables included in the BIOS ROM. Those routines are specific to the card containing the BIOS and probably won't work properly on a different card.

0 Likes