cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ColinM
Journeyman III

Configuration of Linux big desktop mode not quite right.

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum.

As part of my current proect, I need to be able to use an ATI E2400 MXM card as part of a black-box system. We need to be able to configure the output to work with either 2 VGA outputs or 1 VGA output and 1 PAL output.

I'm using the 9.5 Catalyst driver for Linux, which is plugging into an embedded PC system that uses the Intel 945 chipset.

The problem I am having is that I need to be able to configure the output of graphics cards without using a GUI. I need to use a big desktop mode, currently I'm using vertical, but I'm finding that the output connections are not reliable. On one machine the connection 1 is the top half of the desktop area, on the other it is the bottom.

The 2 machines have an identical filesystem installed on them, they are connected to different monitors though.

What files in the configuration affect which connection is which monitor? Currently I finding that /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /etc/ati/amdpcsdb are the important ones. Perhaps I am missing some setting in one of these files.

I hope someone can be of help.

Thanks in advance,

Colin.

0 Likes
1 Reply
extremeseos0007
Journeyman III

Hello to everyone at this forum.....I am really new at this and wish a good time to spend discussing

0 Likes