To improve the quality of Radeon ProRender and get feedback from users, AMD is posting "beta" builds weekly(ish) of the plugin. Please add comments or questions, any feedback below. Also below is a list of changes since the latest released plugin on https://pro.radeon.com/en/software/prorender/download/ . Material Library installers are also available there.
Please note that this build is meant as a preview and is unsupported compared to the official build. Feedback on the changes below is greatly appreciated!
Please note: Supports Blender 2.79 with this version. For Blender 2.80 please see this page
- RPR exports of animations will cache static textures etc to minimize export size.
- Fix for eGPU users on macOS. If your interactive viewport renders on macOS were crashing, a setting "Use OpenGL interop" is added. Toggle this to fix the issue.
- UV scale for triplanar projection added.
- Refraction weight balanced correctly with diffuse in Uber shader.
- Fix for textures with .jpeg extension (.jpg worked fine)
- Fixed an issue of adaptive subdivision with displacement map spinning the CPU at 100% before render starts.
- Fix light motion blur on CPU
- Mesh export time is improved
- Fix refraction + volume on CPU
- Fix CPU crash for using "Opacity" AOV with volume objects.
Thanks for helping test!
AMD RPR team