No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Sponsor: The 2018 AMD RED TEAM PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES (Day 1) (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., 2485 Augustine Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054 (“AMD” or “Sponsor”).
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter Inc.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to those who, as of August 27, 2018, have registered for the PAX West Conference scheduled to take place in Seattle, Washington from August 31, 2018 to September 3, 2018 (“Conference”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia as of the start of the Entry Period (defined below), and who submit a valid Entry (as defined below) (“Participant”). Employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children, and domestic partner) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of prize would violate applicable law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party. Participant may be required to submit proof of his or her eligibility.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules will be posted on 2018 AMD PAX WEST PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES (Day 1) .
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes starts on Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM PT (“Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of one (1) drawing (“Drawing”) which shall take place at 9:00 AM PT on Sunday, September 2, 2018.
Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be void.
Create and Submit an Entry: During the Entry Period, Participant will need to use his or her Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions found at https://twitter.com/tos. Important: Participant’s account settings on the Twitter account that is used to enter the Sweepstakes must be set to “public” in order for Participant’s post to be viewable by Sponsor. To enter the Sweepstakes, a Participant must:
- Take a video or photo of Participant at the AMD Booth or VR Area Powered by AMD located at the Conference; and
- During the Entry Period, tweet the photo or video from Participant’s Twitter account using the tag “@AMDGaming” and the hashtags “#AMDRedTeam” and “SweepstakesEntry.”
Following these steps will earn Participant one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). ENTRIES WILL NOT BE JUDGED. Failure to include the required tag and hashtags will void the Entry. Any other language or information in the tweet included by a Participant is deemed to be part of the Entry, and Participant gives Sponsor, its designees, successors, assigns and licensees a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Entry and all elements embodied therein, along with the Participant’s name and/or Twitter account handle, in any manner, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for advertising, promotional, marketing and other purposes, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees successors, assignees and licensees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the Entry. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void.
To the extent a Participant adds additional language or information in the retweet, the Entry must comply with the following content guidelines (“Guidelines”). Entries that do not fully comply with these Guidelines will be deemed void and the Participant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes:
- The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement.
- The Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Sweepstakes, or any person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
- The Entry may not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- The Entry must not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
- The Entry must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and the Entry must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission;
- The Entry must not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created;
- The Entry must comply with all applicable Twitter Terms of Service, found at http://twitter.com/tos; and
- The Entry must comply with the size and file requirements set forth by Twitter.
For All Entries: Limit one (1) Entry per person. Any Entries that do not comply with the above Guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entries that it finds unlawful or in violation of these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant’s Entry and that Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for Participant’s Twitter account used will be deemed to be the Participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned the email address used to register for the Twitter account, as that is determined by the Internet access provider, service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which may be disqualified, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise.
5. Winner Selection: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, on or around the date set forth in Section 4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
6. Prize Notification and Delivery: Sponsor will notify the potential winner by Twitter Direct Message on or about September 2, 2018. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsor’s Twitter Direct Message notification, the potential winner must supply Sponsor with a valid email address and any other requested information for the administration of the Sweepstakes. The potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Sponsor within one (1) day of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential winner fails or refuses to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, fails to provide any requested information within the required time period, or the prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If for any reason a potential winner is disqualified, the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, selected by random drawing from among remaining eligible Entries, even if the disqualified potential winner may have been publicly announced. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be distributed to the winner within thirty (30) days of winner announcement. Potential winner(s) may waive his or her right to receive a prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected in the manner described above.
7. Prize: ONE (1) PRIZE TOTAL:
Approximate Retail Value
One (1) Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB Graphics Card
Approximate prize value as of August 14, 2018. All aspects of the prize not noted above (e.g., color, style, size, etc.) will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash or other substitution permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winner. If required, any applicable forms will be filed with the appropriate taxing authority. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
8. Release: By participating, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, city, state, province or county, and country, likeness, photograph, statements made by the winner about the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, and/or prize information for Sweepstakes purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend or modify this Sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes provided that if it is not possible to submit another Entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries or, as the case may be, received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
13. Sweepstakes Results: The winner will be posted on the @AMDGaming Twitter feed on September 10, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. Requests for the winner list should be sent to: email@example.com. Requests for the winner list must be received within three (3) months of the close of the Entry Period. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.