NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The AMD Coliseum Takeover Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., 2485 Augustine Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054, United States (“AMD” or “Sponsor”).
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter Inc.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to those who, as of June 5, 2018, have registered for the 2018 Electronic Entertainment Expo scheduled to take place from June 12, 2018 through June 14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center located at 1201 S Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (the “Conference”), who are at least 18 years of age, are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below), and who submit a valid Entry (as defined below) (“Participant”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of prize would violate applicable law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party.
- Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on June 6, 2018 at 9:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on June 8, 2018 at 3:59:59 PM CT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s server is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be void.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, Participant will need to use his or her Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (https://twitter.com/tos). Important: Participant’s account settings on the Twitter account that is used to enter the Sweepstakes must be set to “public” in order for Participant’s post to be viewable by Sponsor. To earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, a Participant must:
- Follow the AMD Gaming Twitter account @AMDGaming;
- On the @AMDGaming Twitter feed, locate Sponsor’s tweet that includes “#AMDE3Coliseum” (the “Sweepstakes Tweet”); and
- Retweet the Sweepstakes Tweet and include the hashtags #AMDE3Coliseum and #SweepstakesEntry in the retweet.
Following these steps will earn Participant one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Failure to include the required hashtags will void the Entry. Any other language or information in the retweet included by a Participant is deemed to be part of the Entry, and Participant gives Sponsor, its designees, successors, assigns and licensees a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Entry and all elements embodied therein, along with the Participant’s name and/or Twitter account handle, in any manner, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for advertising, promotional, marketing, and other purposes, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees successors, assignees, and licensees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the Entry. Released Parties (as define below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void.
To the extent a Participant adds additional language or information in the retweet, the Entry must comply with the following content guidelines (the “Guidelines”). Entries that do not fully comply with these Guidelines will be deemed void and the Participant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes:
- The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
- The Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Sweepstakes, or any person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
- The Entry may not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- The Entry must not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
- The Entry must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and the Entry must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission;
- The Entry must not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created;
- The Entry must comply with all applicable Twitter Terms of Service, found at https://twitter.com/tos;
- The Entry must comply with the size and file requirements set forth by Twitter.
ENTRIES WILL NOT BE JUDGED.
- Limit: Limit one (1) Entry per person. Any Entries that do not comply with the above Guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entries that it finds unlawful or in violation of these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant’s Entry and that Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used will be deemed to be the Participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned the email address used to register for the Twitter account, as that is determined by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential Sweepstakes winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Drawings: Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, on or around June 8, 2018 after the Promotion Period. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by Sponsor through Twitter Direct Message on or about June 8, 2018. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsor’s Twitter Direct Message notification, potential Sweepstakes winner must supply Sponsor with a valid email address and any other requested information for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Potential Sweepstakes winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within one (1) day of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential Sweepstakes winner fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, fails to provide any requested information within the required time period, or the prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential Sweepstakes winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential Sweepstakes winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be distributed to the winner within one (1) day of receipt of the winner’s completed Affidavit. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Sweepstakes winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize, in which case an alternate potential Sweepstakes winner may be selected in the manner described above. Winners will be announced on June 12, 2018 on the @AMDGaming Twitter account feed or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Prizes: TEN (10) PRIZES TOTAL: one (1) ticket to the E3 Coliseum event at the Conference (the “Event”). There is no retail value for Event tickets.
No transportation to/from the Event or other accommodations will be provided.
No cash or other substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Prizes are non-transferrable. Winners are responsible for their own costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not specifically stated above (including, without limitation, transportation to the Event and costs/expenses incurred at or related to the Event). Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets. Event tickets may be subject to additional terms and conditions; see Event ticket for details. Sponsor is not responsible if the Event is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Winners will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that a winner is unable to use due to cancellation or postponement of the Event. Each winner agrees that Event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable prize winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Each winner may be required to produce government-issued identification. Only the prize stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. Winners are responsible for all taxes, if any, associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality, or otherwise. If required, any applicable forms will be filed with the appropriate taxing authority. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Release: By participating, Participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Privacy and Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name or Twitter account handle for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
- Winner List: The winner list will be posted on the @AMDGaming Twitter account feed on June 12, 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter. Requests for the winner list should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for the winner list must be received within three (3) months of the close of the Promotion Period. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.