AMD #FANGSFORHIRE GRAND PRIZE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The AMD #FangsForHire Grand Prize Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., 2485 Augustine Drive, Santa Clara, CA, 95054 USA (“AMD” or “Sponsor”).
The Event is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter Inc.
The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or at least the minimum age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is greater) as of the start of the Entry Period (defined below) (“Participant”). The Sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States (excluding Florida, New York, and Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding the Canadian province of Quebec). Employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Participants warrant that they are eligible to participate under the applicable local laws governing procurement of prizes and awards. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines that Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of prize would violate local law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party. Participants may be required to submit proof of their eligibility.
3. Agreement to Official Rules.
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules will be posted online at: https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1981
4. Entering and Winning.
The Sweepstakes starts on April 18, 2018 from 10:00AM Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and ends on May 2, 2018 at 10:00AM CDT (“Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes will consist of one (1) drawing entry period (“Drawing Entry Period”), as set forth in the chart below.
Entry Period Starts
Entry Period Ends
Approximate Drawing Date & Time
April 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM CDT
May 2, 2018 at 10:00 AM CDT
May 2, 2018 at 10:30 AM CDT
Sponsor’s computer systems will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
Create and Submit an Entry: During the Entry Period, Participant will need to use his or her Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (https://twitter.com/tos). Important: Participant’s account settings on the Twitter account that is used to enter the Sweepstakes must be set to “public” in order for Participant’s post to be viewable by Sponsor. To earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, Participant must tweet a photo or video using #FangsForHire and #Sweepstakes. Each compliant tweet by an eligible Participant is an “Entry.” To enter the Sweepstakes, a Participant must:
- Follow AMD Twitter handles @AMDGaming and @AMD;
- Log into Participant’s own Twitter account;
- Create an original video or image of Participant with their pet or animal companion;
- Create a tweet containing the hashtags #FangsForHire and #Sweepstakes;
- Attach the original video or image in the tweet; and
- Post the tweet by clicking on “Tweet.”
ENTRIES WILL NOT BE JUDGED.
Failure to include the required tag and hashtags will void the Entry. Any other language or information in the tweet included by a Participant is deemed to be part of the Entry, and Participant gives Sponsor, its designees, successors, assigns and licensees a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Entry and all elements embodied therein, along with the Participant’s name and/or Twitter account handle, in any manner, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for advertising, promotional, marketing and other purposes, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees successors, assignees and licensees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the Entry. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected posts, all of which will be void.
The Entry must comply with the following content guidelines (“Guidelines”). Entries that do not fully comply with these Guidelines shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes:
- The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement.
- The Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Sweepstakes, or any person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
- The Entry may not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- The Entry must not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
- The Entry must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and the Entry must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission;
- The Entry must not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
- The Entry must comply with all applicable Twitter Terms of Service, found at http://twitter.com/tos.
- The Entry must comply with the size and file requirements set forth by Twitter.
For All Entries: Limit one (1) Entry per Participant, per account. Any attempt by any Participant to submit more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, email addresses, identities, or any other method will void that Participant's entries and that Participant may be disqualified. The identity and eligibility of a potential winner will be confirmed using information provided in their Event registration. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which may be disqualified, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor is not responsible for any loss of internet connection or for any server issues or other electronic connection issues which may cause Participant to be unable to connect to the internet in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received during the Drawing Entry Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
6. Prize Notification and Delivery: Sponsor will notify the potential winner by Twitter Direct Message. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsor’s notification, the potential winner must supply Sponsor with a valid email address and any requested information for the administration of the Sweepstakes. In addition, the potential winners from outside of the U.S. may be required to correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question in order to receive the prize. The potential winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, a fully completed and legible Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), except where prohibited by applicable law. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours, or fails or refuses to fully complete, sign and return the Affidavit, fails to provide any requested information within the required time period, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or the prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the applicable prize. If for any reason a potential winner is disqualified, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner, selected by random drawing from among remaining eligible entries, even if the disqualified potential winner may have been publicly announced. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be distributed to the winner within thirty (30) days of winner announcement. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winner(s) may waive their right to receive a prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected in the manner described above. Allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery.
One (1) Custom-built PC desktop tower with Ryzen™ 7 1700X and Radeon™ RX Vega 64. Approx. retail value: USD $2,670. Offer is subject to geographical limitation. Prices and exchange rates may vary, and dealer may sell for less. All aspects of the prizes not noted above (e.g., color, style, size, etc.) will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as contemplated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. If required, any applicable forms will be filed with the appropriate taxing authority.
8. Release: By participating, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of its respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, city, state, province or county, and country, likeness, photograph, statements made by the winner about the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, and/or prize information for Sweepstakes purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend or modify this Sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing errors or omission or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to person or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes provided that if it is not possible to submit another Entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries or, as the case may be, received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
13. Sweepstakes Results: A list of winners will be posted on the @AMDGaming Twitter account on approximately May 2, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. Requests should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for winner’s lists must be received within four (4) months of the close of the Entry Period. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, Ryzen, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.