AMD 2017 #AMDHolideals Red Team Sweepstakes 3 Official Rules
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- 1. Sponsor: The #AMDHolideals Red Team Sweepstakes 3 is sponsored by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, P.O. Box 3453, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3453 (“AMD” or “Sponsor”).
- 2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to is open only to persons who 1) are registered members of the Red Team forum: (Sign up is free, go to https://community.amd.com/community/red-team); 2) have at least three (3) followers on the Red Team forum; and 3) who are 18 or older (or at least the minimum age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is greater) as of the start of the Entry Period (defined below), and who submit a valid Entry (as defined below) (“Participant”). Contest open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia, and other locales under United States jurisdiction including Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, American Virgin Islands, and other protected territories, or Canada excluding Quebec; residents of Quebec are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor, Edelman, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, domestic partner, husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of prize would violate local law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party. Participant may be required to submit confirmation that they meet the three requirements.
- 3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules will be posted online at: The #AMDHolidealsContest Sweepstakes Week 3
- 4. Entry and Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will start on Friday, December 1, 2017 at 4:00:00 PM CST and end Friday, December 8, 2017 at 3:00:00 PM CST (“Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes will consist of one drawing (“Drawing”), with Drawing Date and Time (defined below, “Drawing Date” or “Drawing Date and Time”) and its related Entry Periods (defined below, “Entry Period”) as follows:
|Drawing Date and Time||Entry Period|
|December 8, 2017 at approximately 3:00PM CST||December 1, 2017 at 4:00PM CST – December 8, 2017 at 3:00PM CST|
Sponsor’s computer systems will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified. Create and Submit an Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, a Participant:
- a) Must meet all eligibility requirements in Section 2.
- b) Must participate in the “#AMDHolideals Sweepstakes” Promotion by posting a photo or video to Red Team entry “#AMDHolideals Sweepstakes” discussion thread, during the Entry Period. To be eligible, Entries must meet each of the following criteria (“Entry”):
- The Entry must be a reply to the entry discussion thread and must be posted during the Entry Period.
- The Entry must include an original photo or video of your holiday wish list featuring an AMD product.
- The Entry must comply with the following content guidelines (“Guidelines”). Entries that do not fully comply with these Guidelines shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes:
- The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement.
- The Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Sweepstakes, or any person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
- The Entry may not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- The Entry must not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
- v. The Entry must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and the Entry must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission;
- vi. The Entry must not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- vii. The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
For All Entries: Limit one (1) Entry per person per Entry Period. Any Entries that do not comply with the above Guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to register for the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the Participant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned the email address used to register for the Forum Username, as that is determined by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. [BP1] [AL2] [AL3] [BP4] [AL5] The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which may be disqualified, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
- 5. Winner Selection: Sponsor will randomly select a total of one (1) potential winners, on Friday, December 1, 2017 at approximately 3:00PM CST; from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible to win. The potential winners will be announced shortly after the Drawing Date and Time on the AMD Red Team Forum and notified by Private Message (PM). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
- 6. Prize Notification and Delivery: Sponsor will notify each potential winner by Private Message (PM) shortly after they are drawn on the Drawing Date. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsors DM notification, winner must supply his/her email address and any requested information for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be required to immediately sign and return to Sponsor, a fully completed and legible Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours; fails or refuses to fully complete, sign and return the Affidavit, or is determined by the Sponsor to be otherwise ineligible, he/she forfeits the applicable prize and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner, selected by random drawing from among remaining Eligible Entries. Prizes will be distributed to the winner within 30 days of winner announcement upon completion of the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winner(s) may waive their right to receive a prize, in which case an alternate winner may be selected in the manner described above. Allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery.
- 7. Winners and Prizes:
|Prize Package||Total Prize Package Approx. Retail Value||Drawing Date and Time|
|AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X – (approx. retail $298.99) and Acer Aspire GX281 Desktop – AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X – Radeon™ RX 480 – (approx. retail $1,299.99)||$1598.98 USD||December 8, 2017 at approximately 3:00PM CST|
For All Prizes: Maximum one (1) prize package per household, e-mail address, or Forum Username for the entirety of the Promotion. The total value of all prizes equals a maximum of $1298.98 USD. Approximate prize values as of October 27, 2017. Offer is subject to geographical limitation. Prices and exchange rates may vary, and dealer may sell for less. All aspects of the prizes not noted above (e.g., color, style, size, etc.) will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as contemplated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. If required, any applicable forms will be filed with the appropriate taxing authority.
- 8. Release: By receipt of the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Edelman, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- 10. General Conditions: Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, city, state, province or county, and country, likeness, photograph, statements made by the winner about the Promotion, Sponsor, and/or prize information for Promotion purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend or modify this Promotion in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- 11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing errors or omission or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to person or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, registered members of the AMD Red Team Forum. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes provided that if it is not possible to submit another Entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries or, as the case may be, received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- 12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
- 13. Sweepstakes Results: A list of winners will be posted on The #AMDHolidealsContest Sweepstakes! on approximately December 1, 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter. Requests should be sent to: email@example.com. Requests for winner’s lists must be received within four (4) months of the close of the Entry Period. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
©2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, Ryzen, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Acer is in no way affiliated with or sponsor of this Sweepstakes.