NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
This Sweepstakes requires the use of a Web-enabled mobile device. Message and data rates may apply. The Sweeptakes is in no way sponsored or administered by Bethesda Softworks or id Studios.
1. Sponsor: The 2017 AMD #AMDRTContest QuakeCon Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, PO Box 3453, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3453 (“AMD” or “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. who are @AMD, @Radeon, @AMDGaming, and @AMDRyzen Twitter followers who are at least 18 years of age (or at least the minimum age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is greater) as of the start of the Entry Period (defined below), and who submit a valid Entry (as defined below) (“Participant”). Employees of Sponsor, Edelman, QuakeCon, Zenimax, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, domestic partner, husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of prize would violate local law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party. Participant may be required to submit confirmation that they follow, @AMD, @Radeon, @AMDGaming, or @AMDRyzen. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules will be posted on2017 AMD #AMDRTContest QuakeCon Sweepstakes Official Rules
3. Entry and Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will start on Friday, July 28, 2017 at 11:00:00 AM Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and end Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 3:30 PM CT (“Entry Period”).
Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
Create and Submit an Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, a Participant:
- Must have a valid Twitter account. Obtaining a Twitter account is free. Visit www.twitter.com to sign up.
- Must follow AMD Twitter handle @AMD, @Radeon, @AMDGaming, or @AMDRyzen
- Must participate in the 2017 AMD #AMDRTContest QuakeCon Sweepstakes by Tweeting a photo or video to @AMD, @Radeon, @AMDGaming, or @AMDRyzen as described below, during the Entry Period. To be eligible, Entries must meet each of the following criteria (“Entry”):
- The Entry must be a Tweet containing both the hashtags #AMDRTContest and #QuakeCon and must be sent during the Entry Period.
- The Entry must include an original photo or video of a PC that you would or will take to QuakeCon’s 2017 BYOC event. NOTE: You are not required to purchase a PC to participate. You may take a photo or video of any PC.
- The Entry must comply with the following content guidelines (“Guidelines”). Entries that do not fully comply with these Guidelines shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes:
- The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement.
- The Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Sweepstakes, or any person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
- The Entry may not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- The Entry must not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
v. The Entry must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and the Entry must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission;
vi. The Entry must not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
vii. The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
viii. The Entry must comply with all applicable Twitter Terms of Service, found at http://twitter.com/tos.
For All Entries: Limit one (1) Entry per person. Any Entries that do not comply with the above Guidelines will not be eligible to win a prize. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to register for the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the Participant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned the email address used to register for the Twitter account, as that is determined by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which may be disqualified, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
ENTRIES WILL NOT BE JUDGED.
4. Winner Selection: Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) potential winners on Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at approximately 4:00 pm CT. Potential winners will be announced at approximately 5:00 pm CT on the Drawing Date on the @AMD, @Radeon, @AMDGaming, and @AMDRyzen Twitter accounts and notified by Direct Message. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
5. Prize Notification and Delivery: Sponsor will notify potential winners by Twitter Direct Message (DM) shortly after they are announced on the Drawing Date. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsor’s DM notification, the potential winner must supply his/her email address and any requested information for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be required to immediately sign and return to Sponsor, a fully completed Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours; or fails or refuses to fully complete, sign and return the Affidavit, he/she forfeits the applicable prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, selected by random drawing from among remaining Eligible Entries. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winner(s) may waive their right to receive a prize, in which case an alternate potential winner may be selected in the manner described above.
6. Winners and Prizes:
Approximate Retail Value (ARV))
Ten (10) prizes: One (1) QuakeCon BYOC Token valid for one (1) competition seat at the 2017 QuakeCon BYOC event.
For All Prizes: Maximum one (1) prize per household, e-mail address, or Twitter handle for the entirety of the Promotion. In the event more than one Participant domiciled in the same household is selected as a potential winner, only the first potential winner from that household will be able to claim a prize. The total value of prizes awarded totals $400.00 USD. Approximate prize values as of July 18, 2017.
Prize is valid for one (1) QuakeCon 2017 BYOC competition seat registration only. Winner is responsible for all ancillary expenses related to this event, including without limitation travel, accommodations, and meals. Prize does not guarantee entry into the QuakeCon 2017 BYOC competition – winners will still be required to follow the instructions email to register; Winner is subject to the rules, terms and conditions of participating in QuakeCon 2017 BYOC as available at http://www.quakecon.org/2016-terms-conditions/. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as contemplated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason.
To Redeem Your Token: Upon Sponsor’s receipt of a completed Affidavit, Sponsor will provide Winners with a special internet link via email. This link will enable Winners to register for a 2017 QuakeCon BYOC competition seat using their Token.
7. Release: By participating, Participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. General Conditions: Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of the winner’s name, city, state, province or county, and country, likeness, photograph, statements made by the winner about the Promotion, Sponsor, and/or prize information for Promotion purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend or modify this Promotion in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing errors or omission or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to person or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, @AMD, @Radeon, @AMDGaming, or @AMDRyzen Twitter followers. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes provided that if it is not possible to submit another Entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries or, as the case may be, received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
12. Sweepstakes Results: A list of winners will be posted on, http://www.twitter.com/AMD, http://www.twitter.com/AMDRyzen, http://www.twitter.com/Radeon, and http://www.twitter.com/AMDGaming on approximately August 2, 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter. Requests should be sent to: email@example.com. Requests for winner’s lists must be received within four (4) months of the close of the Entry Period. Requests received after this time will not be honored.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
©2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.