Click here to download Crimson 16.7.3 Driver.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 Highlights
- Performance Improvements:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ performance increase up to 10% versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 on Radeon™ RX 480 graphics(1)
- Overwatch™ may experience an application crash on some Radeon™ RX 480 configurations when using AMD Crossfire mode.
- Vulkan™ information in the Radeon Settings software information tab may display an incorrect version.
- Radeon WattMan may retain settings of an overclock after it has failed. If you have failed an overclock with a system hang or reboot.
- Hitman™ may experience graphical corruption when the game is set to use DirectX®12 API and using zoom with weapons.
- Total War™: Warhammer may experience minor graphical corruption in some map textures on AMD Radeon R9 380.
- Flickering may be observed in Rise of the Tomb Raider™ on some AMD Crossfire configurations using the DirectX®11 API.
- Changing settings in Dragon Age Inquisition™ with the Mantle API may result in an application crash or driver recovery.
- DiRT™ Rally may experience flickering terrain in some races when the advanced blending option is enabled in the games settings page.
- Display may exhibit a minor flicker on Radeon RX 480 when Freesync is enabled on a games launch or exit.
- Shadows may experience rendering issues in DOTA2™ when using the Vulkan™ API.
- Textures may experience holes or gaps in DOOM™ when using the OpenGL API and three display AMD Eyefinity configurations.
- Need for Speed™ may experience flickering on some light sources in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Performing a task switch with two cloned displays during full screen gaming may cause flickering on the extended display.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
- DiRT™ Rally may experience rain drop flickering in some races when using AMD Crossfire mode.
- Displays may fail to revert to previous configuration on exit when using a profiled application launched with Radeon Settings and "Launch with AMD Eyefinity" toggled on.
- Assassin's Creed® Syndicate may experience a game crash or hang when in game settings are set to high or greater.
- Low frame rate or stutter may be experienced Wolfenstein®: The Old Blood™ on Radeon™ RX 480.
- Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience minor flickering in SteamVR benchmark when using AMD Crossfire mode.
- Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
- Shader Cache may remain be enabled when set to "off" in Radeon Settings on some Hybrid Graphics configurations.
- Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience intermittent stuttering in The Division™ when high game settings are used and vsync is enabled.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Creating two or three display portrait Eyefinity groups in Radeon Settings "quick setup" and then clicking "arranging displays" may cause an error.
- Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
- World of Tanks™ may experience stuttering after performing a task switch in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Rocket League™ may experience flickering when in AMD Crossfire mode.
- DOTA2™ may experience lower than expected performance when in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.
(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of July 22, 2016 on the Radeon™ RX 480 graphics card, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB DDR4-2666 Mhz system memory, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Rise of the Tomb Raider™. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 1920x1080, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 scored 78.73 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 scored 86.53 using the Radeon RX 480 graphics card, which is 10% faster performance. Tests are not average and may vary.
IMPORTANT NOTE:This function of this thread is to announce the new driver and the list of resolved and known issues.If you have an issue with this driver, I would recommend either of the following :
- If you have an issue and you think the community can help, please open a new thread. Do remember that the details requested here are essential for us and the user community to be able to help you: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION
- If you believe that you have reached the end of your troubleshooting steps, please submit a report here so that we can take a closer look at your issue www.amd.com/report
Thank you for your feedback.