Click here to download Crimson 16.6.2 Driver.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2 Highlights
- Support for:
- Radeon™ RX 480
- New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- World of Tanks™
- Radeon WattMan: A brand new utility for Radeon Software that allows users more complete control over their graphics processor. More information on Radeon WattMan and its supported products can be found here.
- AMD Crossfire Toggle: A new option has been introduced into Radeon Settings under the “Gaming -> Global Settings” tab. This allows users to toggle AMD Crossfire support globally “on” for supported games or “off” for all gaming profiles.
- HDMI® Scaling: Radeon Settings now provides the option for the user to adjust their display image scaling on HDMI® connected displays. This option is available under the “Display” tab in Radeon Settings for supported configurations.
- Display Color Temperature: Radeon Settings now allows a user to set display color temperature based on either the displays predefined settings or manually via a slider configured to support the displays supported range. This option is available under the “Display” tab in Radeon Settings for supported configurations.
- Desktop Color: Radeon Settings has added the option to launch the operating systems color page via the new “Desktop Color” button which is available in the “Display” tab in Radeon Settings for supported configurations.
- Vulkan™ Version: Currently installed Vulkan™ version information has now been made available through the Radeon Settings “System -> Software” tab.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations while playing Hitman™ in select gameplay missions.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations while playing Heroes of the Storm™.
- Intermittent or minor white flashing may occur on some web browsers when using Netflix™ and hovering over the UI or icons.
- Minor stuttering may occur in AMD Crossfire mode configurations when playing Elite Dangerous™.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations while using the inventory and character pages in The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations during the battle and tutorial loading screens in Star Wars™ Battlefront.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
- DiRT™ Rally may experience flickering terrain in some races when the advanced blending option is enabled in the games settings page.
- Some Overdrive settings may not appear in Radeon Settings for Radeon Fury X when in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Display may exhibit a minor flicker on Radeon RX 480 when Freesync is enabled on a games launch or exit.
- Dota™2 may crash when using the Vulkan™ API and the user changes resolutions or quality settings.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Need for Speed™ may experience flickering on some light sources in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Hitman™ may experience graphical corruption when the game is set to use DirectX®12 API and using zoom with weapons.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
- Radeon Wattman may retain settings of an overclock after it has failed. If you have failed an overclock with a system hang or reboot make sure to use the “Reset” option in the Radeon WattMan settings page when the system has rebooted.
- Low frame rate or stutter may be experienced Wolfenstein®: The Old Blood™ on Radeon™ RX 480.
- Assassin's Creed® Syndicate may experience a game crash or hang when in game settings are set to high or greater.
- Disabling AMD Crossfire mode on Radeon™ RX 480 may disable the device in Windows Device Manager. A workaround is to reboot the system to re-enable the device.
This function of this thread is to announce the new driver and the list of resolved and known issues.If you have an issue with this driver, I would recommend either of the following :
- If you have an issue and you think the community can help, please open a new thread. Do remember that the details requested here are essential for us and the user community to be able to help you: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION
- If you believe that you have reached the end of your troubleshooting steps, please submit a report here so that we can take a closer look at your issue www.amd.com/report
Thank you for your feedback.