Click here to download Crimson 16.4.2 Driver.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Highlights
- Updated or New Crossfire Profiles available for:
- Elite Dangerous™
- Need for Speed™
- AMD XConnect™ technology: This driver provides full support for Thunderbolt™ 3 eGFX enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 Fury, Nano or 300 Series GPUs. This driver also provides plug’n’play simplicity, plus an integrated management interface for such devices.(1)
- The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- DOTA2™ toggling between borderless fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen can sometimes cause flickering or corruption when in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Some DirectX® 9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode through Radeon Settings.
- GPU clocks on some products may remain in high states after recovering from an application crash.
- A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds.
- The check for software updates feature in Radeon Settings may not find the latest available update.
- Some games may fail to show up in Radeon Settings gaming tab.
- The Radeon Settings option may sometimes disappear as a shortcut from the right-click context menu on desktop after a software upgrade.
- Steam®VR Performance Test may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Stuttering or corruption observed while playing Fallout 4™ on some graphics products in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Corruption in Hitman™ when using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Stuttering or freezing in some loading scenes while playing Hitman™ using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Negative scaling seen on Hitman™ when using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- HDMI™ Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations or some applications may ignore the HDMI™ Scaling options setting.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire™ technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the Gaming, Global Options tab in Radeon Settings.
- The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo users may experience a system crash or hang after resuming from sleep or hibernate.
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
(1)Not all notebooks or 2-in-1s feature AMD XConnect™ technology, and not all electronic graphics (eGFX) enclosures are pre-configured with an AMD Radeon™ graphics card and/or feature user upgradability. Base system’s software package and BIOS must be configured to support AMD XConnect™ technology. System must have Thunderbolt™ 3 connection. Check with your manufacturer for full specifications and capabilities and visit www.amd.com/xconnect for a list of compatible devices. GD-86