AMD VIRTUAL LAN PARTY OFFICIAL EVENT RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
The sponsor of this Promotion is Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, P.O. Box 3453, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3453 (“AMD” or “Sponsor”).
The AMD VIRTUAL LAN PARTY (the “Event”) is open only to persons who are 18 or older (or at least the minimum age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is greater) as of the start of the Registration Period [defined below], and who are registered attendees of THE AMD Virtual LAN Event (“Participants”). By participating in the Event, Participants warrant that they are eligible to participate under the applicable local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines that Participant’s participation in the Event would violate local law.
The registration period shall begin on March 4, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. CT and end on March 26, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. CT (“Registration Period”) or whenever 130 seats have been reserved, whichever comes first. To register, Participants must fully complete and submit the registration form available at March Virtual LAN Party -- Saturday, March 26th during the Registration Period and meet all the eligibility requirements described herein. Participants may be required to submit proof of their eligibility, in such form as Sponsor may require.
4. Agreement to Official Rules.
Participation in the Event constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. These Official Rules will be posted online at: AMD MARCH VIRTUAL LAN PARTY OFFICIAL EVENT RULES
5. Participation Requirements
To participate in the Event, the Participant must:
- Have an internet connection – Connection fees may apply and payment of such fees is the responsibility of Participant.
- Download and install TeamSpeak3 (http://www.teamspeak3.com/). Participant will need to agree to the TeamSpeak3 license.
- Create or have an account with Twitch.TV (http://www.twitch.tv/). Participant will need to agree to the Twitch.TV license and/or user guidelines.
- Own and provide game(s) to be played. Participant must hold a valid license for each individual game played.
The Sponsor will not provide technical support for games and/or network connectivity issues. The Sponsor will not provide servers for multi-player games that require it. The Sponsor does not endorse or warranty the content of any third party sites or software required to be installed on the Participant’s computer in order to participate in the Event. Any damage including without limitation loss of files or computer failure for any reason during the Event are not the responsibility of the Sponsor and Sponsor disclaims all liability related thereto.
- No piracy
- Using pirated software or warez is strictly forbidden and if detected will result in Participant’s immediate removal from the Event. You agree to indemnify Sponsor for any and all loss or damage Sponsor may incur or suffer as a result of Participant using pirated software or warez.
- No pornography
- Accessing or displaying any form of pornography while at the Event will lead to immediate removal from the Event. Sponsor has no tolerance for any form of pornography or inappropriate material.
- No cheating
- Any cheating as described by a game’s “no-cheating policy” will be enforced during the entire Event. Examples of cheating include but are not limited to: sharing and implementation of cheat codes, exploits, debug version, game kernels or libraries, and/or excessive pinging of network devices or computer to purposely slow network bandwidth.
- No inappropriate communication
- If Participant wouldn't post something in the chat in front of the police, their mother or their spouse, it shouldn’t be done here. If uncertain regarding whether something is permitted, ask the moderator.
- Sportsmanship and Courtesy
- All Participants should maintain a sportsmanlike attitude throughout this Event; this is a party, not a competition.
- Use good manners. Behave in a respectful, courteous manner to hosts and fellow gamers.
- Remember that certain games being played may have a "mature" ESRB rating. Select games accordingly.
Event officials including AMD employees, contractors, Red Team Plus members, Twitch moderators, Admins execute and manage all aspects of the Event. They may, at their sole discretion, ban and disqualify any Participant(s) who fail to follow the Official Rules, who acts in a disruptive fashion or who intends to abuse, annoy, threaten or harass any other person(s) during the Event.
Void where prohibited.
© 2016 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.