The following article provides information for setting up an AMD Eyefinity display group using AMD Radeon™ Software. The content of this article is categorized into the following sections:
- Quick Setup
- Advanced Setup
- Other Eyefinity Display Group Actions
- Right-click on the Desktop and choose AMD Radeon Settings
- Select the Eyefinity tab
- Choose Quick Setup to automatically create an Eyefinity display group.
Note: Eyefinity display groups created using Quick Setup would be dependent on the number of displays detected by the system. The table below shows the default Eyefinity display groups that should be created using Quick Setup:
Eyefinity Display Group
- Once the Eyefinity group has been created, the setup is complete. If are you satisfied with the Eyefinity group, you may close AMD Radeon™ Settings.
- With an Eyefinity display group created, the following options should be available in the Eyefinity section:
- Discard – Removes the Eyefinity display group and revert to the previous display configuration
- Arrange Displays –Adjust the position of each display in the Eyefinity display group
- Advanced Setup – Additional display group settings. Refer to the Advanced Setup section of the article.
Note: In order to create a new group with more or fewer displays than the current grouping you must first discard the group.
- Open AMD Radeon Settings, select Eyefinity, and choose Advanced Setup to open Radeon Additional Settings. If you have just created an Eyefinity display group, choose Try Advanced Setup.
- Within Radeon Additional Settings there are options for creating standard, mixed dimension, and mixed alignment Eyefinity display groups.
- Choose the type of Eyefinity display group you wish to create and follow the steps until completion.
Other Eyefinity Display Group Actions
With an Eyefinity display group created, the desktop context menu includes a “Group” sub-menu that includes a number of actions:
- Adjust Bezel Compensation: Allows your desktop to appear continuous across all displays in Eyefinity display group. To configure Bezel Compensation, Align the test patterns between all displays as closely as possible
- Arrange Eyefinity Display Group: Allows you to re-run the arrangement wizard in case the displays have been moved or the cables have been reconnected in a different order.
- Create Eyefinity Display Group: Allows you to create a new group with a different layout starting from the displays in the current group. Only layouts that include all of the current displays with the optional addition of other available displays can be created in this way.
- Disable Eyefinity Display Group: Allows you to disable the group. All displays in the group will convert to duplicate (clone) mode.
- Position windows Task Bar: Allows you to adjust the Taskbar across all displays in the Eyefinity group or in one preferred display