The AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics card industrial design was created with the goal of embodying a professional, elegant and simple design. Using multiple pieces of aluminum die cast finished in black nickel and a soft touch black, the full metal construction makes the graphics card feels as good as it looks. We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the design but also understand there are always different design ideas out there.
During the process of creating the industrial design for the AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics card we encountered a variety of unique perspectives within AMD on how it should look. These differentiating opinions made us think, what if we could enable our customers to implement their own creativity on our design? To do this we incorporated a removable front plate on the AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics card to allow for customer creativity. Below you will find a link to download the 3D model for the face plate to help get you started on designing your own 3D printed or CNC front plate.
Please ensure to take all necessary precautions prior to removing the front plate from the graphics card; these include but are not limited to:
- Do not remove the front plate while the graphics card is installed inside a system
- Do not remove the front plate while the graphics card is powered or operational
- Ensure your workspace is clear of debris and appropriate electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection is taken
- The front plate can be removed by removing the four hex screws from the front of the graphics card as illustrated below
- Do not remove any other screws or modify any other components on the graphics card
- Use a proper hex key or screwdriver to remove the screws from the front plate to avoid damaging the screws
- When reinstalling the screws do not to overtighten the screws
Be sure to share with us your creations and we’ll highlight some of our favorites.
Download the front plate 3D model HERE
IMPORTANT: AMD’s product warranty does not cover damage to your graphics card or system caused in whole or in part by removing, modifying or reinstalling the AMD Radeon Fury X faceplate, which activities you agree to carry out at your own risk. AMD will not provide replacement faceplates for any faceplates lost or damaged, nor will AMD be liable for any damages to the graphics card or your system caused during the removal, modification or reinstallation of the faceplate.