How do I customize my view?

Version 2

You can, in effect, build your own home page! This can make navigating to the places you want a lot easier. You can build a dashboard with all the things you really care about in one place. Here’s how.

Click the @ icon in the top menu bar. It is present everywhere in the community, not just the home page

custom1.png

That takes you to an area that you can customize. There are three pages here:

• Inbox
    • Your View
    • Actions

You can make any one of these three pages the default page that appears when you click the @ icon

custom2.png

We set the Your View page to be pretty useful. It has the frequently viewed content  and places. But you don’t have to stick with what we set up. Click Edit page to modify what you see. You can do two things: configure the default widgets, or add new widgets (tiles).

To configure an existing tile, click the gear icon and then make your choices.

custom3.png

You can also add new/different tiles. Click Add a tile, and pick the one you want.

custom4.png

Save your changes, and Your View is now, really, your view. For example, I set it up so I have links to the key forums I want to visit. It won’t matter if I’ve been there recently.

custom5.png

There it is, a customized dashboard that gets me to the places I want.