Labeling People to Manage them Around the Community
You can name and color code groups of people to make them easier to find when you browse or communicate with people as a group.
You can create labels to group your friends or connections, the people you follow. You might use this to group people from a certain location together. For example, if you have a New York office in your company, you can create a New York label. This will help you find people fast when you have a lot of connections. When you apply a label to multiple friends or connections, the label becomes a way to show only those with certain labels. You can even type the label name in when you're creating a direct message or adding collaborators on a document to automatically include all the people with that label.
To create a label:
- Browse your friends or connections by clicking Browse --> People and selecting Following on the left. Remember, you can only group and label people you're following.
- Click Create Label in the left pane.
- Select a color, type the name for the label, and then click Save.
- Click the cog, which you see when you mouse over the person's profile, to configure your relationship with that person.
- Label the person by clicking <icon> and then select the label that applies to them. You can remove the label by clicking it again to deselect it.
- To delete a label, click Browse --> Following and then click the Delete label icon that shows up when you mouse over the label.