Keep on Creating at Home
The world recently has become a very different place, with so many of us working remotely at home, staying safe with our families, and supporting all the essential and healthcare workers on the frontlines of the current crisis.
While some professionals are already used to working remotely, already equipped with a workstation desktop at home or using a powerful workstation notebook (such as the AMD Radeon Pro-powered HP ZBook 14u and 15u Mobile Workstations*) -- there are still many 3d artists, architects, designers, and engineers who need remote access to a more powerful system to get their work done.
Thankfully, AMD has several technologies and partnerships that can help both individual professionals and IT managers to overcome some of the challenges they are facing and better enable themselves or their teams to work from home.
Our offerings encompass both remotely connecting to the existing workstation hardware already on your office desk or in your company’s server rack using AMD Remote Workstation1, AMD powered Microsoft Azure NVv4 virtual desktops and workstations in the cloud, and AMD Radeon Pro ReLive, our professional-grade solution for high-resolution screen capture, recording, and video streaming.
Below are some links to resources where you can learn more about our remote working technologies, along with some links to useful articles from some of our partners.
Create Your Best Work Anywhere with AMD Remote Workstation
AMD Remote Workstation lets you access your physical workstation, either on your desk or in your datacenter, from virtually anywhere with rich graphics acceleration via leading remote visualization tools such as Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops* or Microsoft Remote Desktop*.
- AMD Remote Workstation web page
- Always on the Go with AMD Remote Workstation and HPE blog
- AMD Remote Workstation: Introducing Encode Acceleration for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops blog
- AMD Remote Workstation: Making Enterprises More Productive White Paper
- AMD Remote Workstation User Guide
- AMD Remote Workstation: Create Your Best Work Anywhere video
- The Bring Up: Episode 6: Remote Workstation video
AMD Powered Microsoft Azure NVv4 Workstations in the Cloud
Powered by 2nd generation AMD EPYC CPUs and AMD Radeon Instinct GPUs, Microsoft Azure NVv4 instances deliver security-focused and affordable GPU-accelerated virtualized desktops and workstations in the cloud.
- AMD Microsoft Azure NVv4 web page
- Modern Desktops and Workstations in the Cloud-Enabled Through Microsoft Azure NVv4 blog
- Introducing NVv4 Azure Virtual Machines for GPU Visualization Workloads blog*
- Microsoft NVv4-series Virtual Machines documentation*
- AMD Multiuser GPU: Hardware-enabled GPU Virtualization for a True Workstation Experience white paper
- AMD Microsoft Azure NVv4 datasheet
- Workspot AMD-powered Workspot workstations on Azure webinar*
- AMD EPYC Performance on Virtual Desktops in Microsoft Azure video
- AMD What is DaaS (Desktop as a Service) video
Create, Capture and Collaborate with AMD Radeon Pro ReLive
Built into AMD Radeon Pro Software, AMD Radeon Pro ReLive is our solution for recording and streaming professional workflows when using professional applications helping you collaborate, present, train, and provide customer support while working from home.
- AMD Radeon Pro ReLive web page
- AMD Radeon Pro ReLive Design Review white paper
- AMD Radeon Pro ReLive user guide
- AMD Radeon Pro ReLive: Create. Capture. Collaborate video
- How to Use AMD Radeon Pro ReLive video
Here are some useful links to content some of our partners have posted about working from home in these challenging times.*
- ACCA Software COVID-19 Emergency blog
- Adobe Keep Creating and Collaborating, Even from Home blog
- Avid Powering Greater Creators—From Anywhere web page
- How Autodesk Is Helping Communities, Customers, and Employees Impacted by COVID-19 blog
- Citrix Embracing the New “Normal” of Working from Home blog
- Citrix Are You Working Securely, or Working Remotely blog
- Dassault Systèmes Business Must Go on with Smart Working, Safe Working... on the Cloud web page
- A message from Foundry on COVID-19
- How InstaLOD is minimizing the 2020 Corona Virus Impact
- Maxon Working with You on Working from Home blog
- Microsoft How the COVID-19 Crisis Is Reshaping the Way People Work blog
- Microsoft Enabling Remote Workers with Azure Windows Virtual Desktop Infrastructure blog
- PTC’s Commitment to You, Our Customers, During COVID-19 blog
- SideFX COVID-19 Update, Working from Home
- Siemens NX Deployment Options in a Virtual Working World blog
- Office Closed Due to Coronavirus? Here’s How to Use SOLIDWORKS at Home blog
- Navigating all Your Work-from-Home SOLIDWORKS Options blog
- Learn more about AMD’s response to COVID-19
- Using Your AMD Powered System to Help Researchers in the Fight Against Infectious Diseases blog
*Links to third-party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied
- Compatible with AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100, 3100, 3200, 4100, 5100, 7100, 8200, 9100, and AMD Radeon Pro W5500 and W5700 GPUs. Remote Workstation functionality requires AMD Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise driver 18.Q4 or newer plus purchase and installation of Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops or Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. RPS-50
Alexander Blake-Davies is a Professional Graphics Software Product Marketing Specialist for AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies, or opinions. Links to third-party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied. GD-5
ACCA and the ACCA logo are registered trademarks of ACCA software in Italy and/or other countries. Adobe is a trademark of Adobe in the United States and/or other countries. Autodesk is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Citrix and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Dassault Systèmes and SOLIDWORKS are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries. InstaLOD is a registered trademark of InstaLOD GmbH. NX is a trademark or registered trademark of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. SideFX is a registered trademark of Side Effects Software Inc. registered in the USA and other countries. MAXON is a registered trademark of Maxon Computer GmbH. Azure and Microsoft are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. PTC Creo is a registered trademark of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and in other countries. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.