It’s time to gear up and enter the new post-apocalyptic world of Hope County after the shocking ending from last year’s Far Cry 5. Far Cry New Dawn, available today, takes place 17 years after the global nuclear catastrophe. Find yourself forging new alliances as you combat the Highwaymen and their leaders, the Twins.
Before getting your hands dirty in a battle to outwit your enemy, be sure to take advantage of all the great features found in the latest Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition, so that you can truly enjoy that immersive gameplay experience with Far Cry New Dawn on your Radeon™ hardware.
Give Your Radeon GPU a Performance Boost
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition brings new and improved features to Radeon™ WattMan1, AMD’s groundbreaking power-management technology, allowing you to customize your graphics card even further than before. Here’s a list of some of the cool features available on the latest driver:
- Auto-Overclock1,2 – will run a short algorithm that is dynamic per system to determine a suitable overclock for that system
- Auto-Undervolt2 – will undervolt the GPU and attempt to improve perf/watt
- Temperature dependent fan curve with zero-RPM control allows you to set up to 5 points for temp/fan speed, while also allowing GPU fan(s) to remain idle when under low temperature thresholds
- Memory timing tuning allows you to change through different profiles of memory latencies to optimize / OC your memory
- Unlocked DPM states2 – allows you to customize the clocks for each DPM state
You can adjust settings from the desktop using Radeon™ Settings, from in-game using Radeon™ Overlay, or from your phone with AMD Link.
Reduce Distractions with Enhanced Sync and FreeSync Technologies
Nobody likes being distracted while deeply entrenched in a battle for survival. With a focus on ultra-fast responsiveness, Enhanced Sync enables you to have the best experience possible at any framerate. When framerate exceeds your display’s refresh rate, Enhanced Sync unlocks your framerate and will only display your newest, tear-free frame. If your framerate ever drops below your display’s refresh rate, Enhanced Sync delivers every frame rendered so that you never miss a beat. Combine this feature along with Radeon™ FreeSync technology and a FreeSync-compatible display so you’re never distracted by tearing on your screen.
For more information on all the cool features found in Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition, visit www.amd.com/radeonsoftware
Far Cry New Dawn is available now for $39.99 US and 44.99€ for Europe.
Warren Eng is the Product Marketing Manager for Radeon Software at AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied. GD-5
- Overclocking AMD processors, including without limitation, altering clock frequencies / multipliers or memory timing / voltage, to operate beyond their stock specifications will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even when such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking AMD processors, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-106
- This feature is available for AMD Radeon RX Vega Series and AMD Radeon VII graphics.