Today, a new member of the Radeon™ RX 500 Series family joins us: the Radeon™ RX 590, with higher clock speed1 in enhanced 12nm technology.
1080p Gaming and Beyond
Joining the Radeon™ RX 500 Series stack of graphics cards, the Radeon™ RX 590 comes with a refresh in performance for today’s games. It brings up to a 27% boost in performance over the Radeon™ RX 4802, our previous generation “Polaris” architecture-based graphics card:
|Radeon™ RX 590||Radeon™ RX 480|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops 4||125||102|
|Forza Horizon 4||90||80|
|Kingdom Come Deliverance||62||48|
|Rainbow Six Siege||193||158|
From these handful of games, we see a sizeable jump in performance when comparing the Radeon™ RX 590 to the Radeon™ RX 480—Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 sees a 22% jump in performance, Kingdom Come Deliverance sees 27%, Rainbow Six Siege sees 22%, etc.
It’s a viable upgrade for anyone with a 2+ years old GPU.
The Radeon™ RX 590 is Radeon VR Ready Premium and FreeSync™ technology-capable. If you own a FreeSync technology-capable monitor, our stutter-free technology will work with the GPU to keep those frames smooth. If you don’t own one yet—what are you waiting for?
Looking at the upgrade with our exceptional Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition updates and our Radeon™ FreeSync technology, our ecosystem’s got you covered for 1080p gaming and beyond.
Get Three Kickass Games with the Radeon™ RX 590 GPU
If you want to pepper in an even sweeter deal with the release of the Radeon™ RX 590, you can grab it in a bundle that includes three kickass games—Ubisoft’s The Division® 2 and Capcom’s Resident Evil™ 2 and Devil May Cry™ 5. Our Raise the Game Fully Loaded bundle is now available.
These are three of the hottest games coming next year, and buying a Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card3 gets you a key to these games that’ll unlock on their respective release dates:
- Resident Evil™ 2 – January 25, 2019
- Devil May Cry™ 5 – March 8, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2 – March 15, 2019
Pick up the bundle at a participating retailer - check here for more details.
Share Your Radeon™ RX 590 Shots
We want to see your awesome gaming highlights on the Radeon™ RX 590! Tag us in your clips of fantastic, hilarious or any moments you want to show off using Radeon ReLive—we’ll share the best ones on @Radeon.
1. Based on AMD internal analysis in October 2018, comparing the clock speed of the Radeon™ RX 590 (1469 MHz Base/1545 MHz Boost) to the Radeon™ RX 580 (1257MHz Base/1340MHz Boost).
2. Testing done by AMD performance labs November 6, 2018 using an Intel i7 7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, Radeon Driver 18.11.1, Windows 10. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Using Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Very High settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 125.4 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 102.7 fps. Using Civilization VI, Ultra settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 89 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 76.4 fps. Using FI 2018, Ultra High settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 83 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 68 fps. Using Forza Horizon 4, Ultra settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 90.2 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 80.8 fps. Using Kingdom Come Deliverance, Ultra High settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 62 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 48.7 fps. Using Strange Brigade, Ultra settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 92.3 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 76.1 fps. Using Destiny 2, Highest settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 92.6 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 75.4 fps. Using Rainbow Six Siege, Ultra settings at 1080p, Radeon RX 590 scored 193.6 fps and Radeon RX 480 scored 158.4 fps. RX-258
3. Offer available through participating retailers only. 18+ only. Following purchase, Coupon Code must be redeemed by April 6, 2019, after which coupon is void. Residency and additional limitations apply. For full Terms & Conditions, visit www.amdrewards.com.
Annie Lee is Sr. Game Marketing Specialist at AMD. Her postings are her own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies, or opinions. Links to third party sites and references to third party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of AMD or any of its products is implied.