Want to build a high-performance gaming PC for the newest, demanding game titles like Star Wars™ Battlefront™? A gaming rig that delivers smooth, stutter-free graphics and overclocking doesn’t have to cost a fortune. All users deserve an exceptional gaming experience regardless of budget. So whether you’re looking to upgrade your current AMD build or start a new one, AMD has got you covered with this cost-effective combination for smooth, high-performance gaming for 1080p and beyond.
The AMD Radeon R9 380X card is an ideal choice for smooth, high-performance gaming at 1080P and above, and is ideal for the games of today and tomorrow, with full support for DirectX® 12.
Advanced features allow you to maximize performance, including:
- Virtual Super Resolution1
- Frame Rate Target Control2
- Full support for AMD’s FreeSyncTM technology3
- AMD LiquidVR™ technology support for the ultimate content, comfort and compatibility in Virtual Reality applications
Want to take your PC’s performance capabilities up a notch? Try upgrading to an AMD FX processor! With the AMD FX 8370 CPU, you get higher clocks than the Intel i54. And it is the only Unlocked Clock Multiplier processor at its price point for configurable power and performance5. The AMD FX 8370 CPU is the ideal option for those who like to push their PC’s performance.
And with eight CPU cores, it is ready to take full advantage of DirectX 126.
With support for up to four AMD Radeon™ GPUs with AMD CrossFire™ technology, an AMD 990FX enabled motherboard is an excellent fit for your AMD FX processor, and the ultimate PC build. The chipset also supports USB 3.1 Type A for improved bandwidth, and AMD OverDrive™ for full performance and optimization tuning controls for your platform.
AMD FreeSync Monitors
With a FreeSync enabled display, you’ll never have to worry about image-tearing or choppy game play getting in your way. And the availability of new entry-level monitors for 1080p gaming and beyond like the 24” AOC G2460PF mean that FreeSync just got even more accessible!
Whether you’re an aspiring AAA game champion, eSports legend or more of a casual gamer, AMD offers a full spectrum of hardware delivering exceptional value to help improve immersion, and allow you to reach your full gaming potential in today’s most demanding titles.
All of these components are available for to buy right now on Newegg:
Jay Marsden is a Communications Manager at AMD. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied.
Additional hardware (e.g. Blu-ray drive, 4K monitor, TV tuner, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD Video display requires an HD video source. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.
- AMD’s Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) feature is offered by the AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X, R9 390 Series, R9 380, R7 370 , R7 360, AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series and R9 285 graphics cards and is designed to automatically re-render games at higher resolutions and dynamically rescale them for HD displays at higher quality and visual details. Check with your system manufacturer for specific capabilities.
- Frame rate targeting is offered by select AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series, AMD Radeon™ R9 and R7 300 Series graphics and is designed to reduce heat, noise and power consumption by letting users set a target frame rate for their games and applications. Confirm supported technologies with your component or system manufacturer for specific capabilities before purchase.
- AMD FreeSync™ technology is designed to eliminate stuttering and/or tearing in games and videos by locking a display’s refresh rate to the framerate of the graphics card. Check with your component or system manufacturer for specific capabilities. AMD FreeSync™ technology compatible monitor, AMD Radeon™ Graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU compliant with DisplayPort™ Adaptive-Sync required. AMD Catalyst™ 15.2 Beta (or newer) required. Adaptive refresh rates vary by display; check with your monitor manufacturer for specific capabilities. A list of supported hardware and compatible monitors is available at www.amd.com/freesync.
- As of November 12, 2015, Intel’s fastest Core i5 processor is the Core i5-6600K with a maximum turbo clock rate of 3.9 GHz, while AMD’s FX 8370 has a maximum turbo clock rate of 4.2 GHz. DTV-62
- As of November 12, 2015, the AMD FX 8370 ($200 on Newegg) is the only unlocked processor between the AMD FX 8350 ($170 on Newegg) and the Intel Core i5-4690K ($240). DTV-63
- DirectX 12, Vulkan or Mantle application support required