As we head into the dog days of summer, EA wants to give thanks to all their loyal players and would like to do that with a big ol’ AMD Radeon™-filled program called Battlefest! The program kicked off on July 9th, so you should get in on the action immediately after giving the below details a read!
Here's what you need to know about Battlefest:
- From July 9th through August 13th, there will be a daily contest called “Battleshots.” EA will ask you to send a screenshot in Battlefield 4™ based on a theme of their choosing. Screenshots get submitted here. Each day, they will crown a winning screenshot that will win an AMD Radeon™ graphics card, a DICE store gift card, and a Battlefield 4™ Premium membership on the platform of your choosing. (See official rules.)
- Each Friday, the Battlefield™ team will be releasing a free camo unlock for all players.
- To kick off the program on July 12th-13th there was a double XP weekend!
- Each week of Battlefest will feature a global community challenge to reach an in-game goal. If the global BF4 community meets the goal, everyone gets a gold Battlepack. The first Community Mission begins July 15 with a challenge to reach 15 million revives by July 20. Good luck, soldiers!
- Last but not least, the Stunt Video Competition runs July 14 through August 2. We want you to send us your best stunt video that can only be done in Battlefield 4™. The DICE team will pick the top 12 winners and then you, the loyal fans, will vote on the top three winners to receive a screamin’ fast AMD-based PC valued at $3100 US! The nine runners up won’t go home empty-handed, either: each one will receive a high-end AMD Radeon™ GPU. (See official rules.)
That’s it! A month of “thank you” to everyone. Keep your eyes on the Battlefield™ Blog for even more Battlefest prizes and announcements in the weeks ahead!
Robert Hallock does Technical Communications for Desktop Graphics at AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites, and references to third party trademarks, are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of AMD or any of its products is implied.
*Originally posted by Robert Hallock in AMD Gaming on Jul 16, 2014 10:32:00 AM