Today, Fast Company announced an exciting new company ranking – Best Workplaces for Innovators. The goal of the list is to “identify and celebrate companies that empower employees at all levels to improve processes, create new products, or invent whole new ways of doing business.”
I could not be prouder that AMD made the inaugural list.
Our culture of innovation is essential to our mission of building great products that accelerate next generation computing experiences. It is fueled by:
- Total clarity around our top priorities of:
- Building great products
- Deepening customer relationships
- Simplifying everything we do
- The value of transparency and accountability:
- Delivering on our promises
- Identifying issues early and working collaboratively to find solutions
- Embracing a competitive spirit:
- Setting ambitious goals and doing everything we can to beat them
- Being resourceful and innovative - doing things differently
AMD was founded 50 years ago as a Silicon Valley startup with dozens of employees focused on imagining and creating leading-edge semiconductor products for a broad set of markets. From this humble beginning and rich history of innovation, we have grown into a global company of ten thousand people who show up every day to push the envelope in high performance computing by bringing our culture to life and turn strategy into results.
Today, we are all about challenging the status quo and striving for the next 5 percent – of product performance, of operational efficiency, of customer service and collaboration, of what each of us can do so that we as a company can redefine what’s next and help transform lives with our technology.
That’s why I’m so proud to see AMD on this list and honored for the passion of this talented team to be recognized for the innovative spirit that has led to the strongest product portfolio in our 50-year history. We are at the early stages of our journey and there’s never been a more exciting time for the company than right now.